BLAUSTEIN PHILANTHROPIC GROUP
CONTACT
THE FOUNDATIONSPROGRAM AREASAPPLYING FOR A GRANTFAMILY HISTORY
 
HOMEJacob and Hilda Blaustein FoundationMorton K. and Jane Blaustein Rosenberg FoundationHenry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg FoundationDavid and Barbara B. Hirschhorn FoundationFoundation Family Tree
Family History

Jacob and Hilda Blaustein
Morton K. and Jane Blaustein
David and Barbara B. Hirschhorn
Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg

Henry and Ruth Blaustein Rosenberg

David and Barbara B. HirschhornBarbara Blaustein Hirschhorn (1928- ) is a philanthropist, community volunteer and former journalist. A daughter of Jacob and Hilda Blaustein, Barbara graduated from Connecticut College and earned a Master’s degree in political science from The Johns Hopkins University. She worked as a reporter for the Washington Daily News and later as a freelance writer, publishing articles in publications including The Baltimore Jewish Times and Present Tense. Barbara married David Hirschhorn in 1955 and together they raised four children. Barbara has served on the governing boards of numerous organizations, including the American Jewish Committee, the Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights, the Baltimore Museum of Art, Connecticut College, Jewish Family Services, Baltimore Hebrew University, and Temple Oheb Shalom. Barbara is a Trustee Emeritus of the Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation. She is the proud grandmother of 15.

David Hirschhorn (1918-2006) was a business, philanthropic and Jewish community leader. Born in Prague, he immigrated to the United States in 1922 and grew up in Newark, NJ. David attended Rutgers University, served in the Army Air Forces during WWII, and then earned his bachelor’s and master’s degree in business administration from New York University. He married Barbara Blaustein in 1955 and, in 1958, began a career with American Trading and Production Corporation, eventually serving as President and Chairman of the Board. David served on the governing boards of many organizations, including the American Jewish Committee and the Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights, The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, the Institute for Christian and Jewish Studies, Sinai Hospital, and The Walters Art Museum. He served as President of the Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation from 1990 to 2000.

 
Back to Top
 

 

Home | The Foundations | Program Areas | Applying for A Grant
Family History | Contact | Site Map
© 2003 The Blaustein Philanthropic Group
BLAUSTEIN PHILANTHROPIC GROUP